Our friends at PreSonus captured all four hours of those sessions on video, and they are now up on YouTube to be viewed and preserved until this whole "internet" fad passes.
So, please... sit back and enjoy some masterful grooves from three amazing musicians, and stay tuned for the release of everything in loop format.
NEW YORK, NY (May 20, 2015) – The Loop Loft, developer of the world’s most musical loop collections, announced the release of Drum Direktor, a new virtual instrument for Kontakt. Featuring a powerful drum pad infrastructure, an internal 32 step sequencer, and world-class mixing and effects, Drum Direktor opens up an exciting new workflow for producing beats.
"Drum Direktor the first release in a series of instruments designed from the ground up to give you complete, hands-on control over Loop Loft loops and samples," said Ryan Gruss, Founder and CEO of The Loop Loft. "From 'playing' live loops directly from the drum pads, to quickly creating intricate rhythms with the step sequencer, to tweaking effects and producing professional mixes, Drum Direktor is the ultimate all-in-one solution for creating beats."
Drum Direktor Features:
- Internal 32 Step Sequencer with 8 recallable patterns that allow for the simultaneous sequencing of loops and samples within a single instrument. Shuffle, Global Accent, Step Dynamics, Per group Sequencer Precedence and a convenient layout of Solo, Mute and Drum Loop auditioning all make sequencing patterns within Drum Direktor a natural and fast process.
- Flexible grouping architecture which allows for sophisticated organization and structure of drum loops and samples with easily identifiable colors and workflow features usually reserved for dedicated hardware workstations.
- Powerful Drum Pad infrastructure which allows for 16 simultaneous loops or samples from a collection of over 300 to be played and sequenced simultaneously with a clear waveform overview and playback positioning.
- A feature rich tools set of tools for processing each individual Drum Pad. Users have the ability to set playback quantization, playback speed, sampler mode, slice start time, pitch, stereo width, randomization, filtering, distortion, velocity, volume and pan on each of the individual 16 Drum Pads.
- A dedicated mixer for processing each of the 8 individual drum groups with high quality internal effects which include a Transient Shaper and Compressor/EQ modeled after a famous Solid State Console.
- Global Effects for Delay, Reverb and a powerful Tape Machine which allows for quick and powerful tone shaping. The Drum Direktor Tape Machine matches the quality and workflow of mixing drums to a multi-track tape machine in a fast and easy to use custom design.
- Internal master bus processors including EQ, Compression, Filtering and Distortion for a polished mix ready sound without ever having to use external effects or plugins.
- Powerful MIDI mapping controls for configuring Drum Direktor to behave exactly the way you want to work with your existing MIDI controllers.
- Highly customizable group options including user definable colors, choke times and external output for further processing and mixing within your favourite DAW software.
Drum Direktor runs in Kontakt or Kontakt Player (in demo mode) version 5.3.1 or higher.
Intro Price: $79 ($99 Regular Price).
Wondering how to get amazing drum sounds with just 4 microphones? Watch engineer Bob Clearmountain (The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen) and drummer Matt Chamberlain (solo artist, session musician, David Bowie, Tori Amos, Soundgarden) demonstrate and discuss the best way to record drums with only four microphones.
Want Matt's drums on your own song or production? Click here to check out all 15 channels of multitracks loops from his Volume 1 release!
Preview more of the back below and check out of the specs below. To purchase and download the collection, just click here.
About Dry Drums:
Ever since Ringo Starr placed tea towels on his drums with The Beatles, the punchy, fat sound of "dry drums" has been sought after for decades. With Dry Drums we give you this classic sound served up in a wide variety of loop sessions and meticulously sampled drum kits.
Recorded with an array of vintage mics, preamps and fully dampened heads, Dry Drums will easily sit in any mix, while providing the punch and clarity that is almost impossible to achieve with overly "live" sounding loops and samples. Each session comes complete with a multitude of beats, fills and transitions, allowing you to easily arrange your own custom drum track in seconds.
Remember what is was like to make music back in 1988? Check out this great documentary on MIDI, Macs and Music in the early digital recording era:
Get an inside glimpse into what legendary musicians like Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea, Tony Williams & Carlos Santana were doing with Macs over 25 years ago.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Jan 22, 2014) - The Loop Loft, developer of the world’s most musical loop collections, announces the release of “Omar Hakim Drums”, a Live Pack designed in collaboration with Ableton, showcasing the beats of one of the world’s most in-demand drummers.
From David Bowie's "Let's Dance" to Daft Punk's "Get Lucky," Omar Hakim has supplied his signature drum grooves to countless hit songs. With this groundbreaking new Live Pack, The Loop Loft brings Omar's legendary feel and sound directly into Ableton Live with over 4.6 GB of multitrack drum sessions, Clips and Drums Racks.
“The release of Omar Hakim Drums Live Pack marks a major advancement in the world of loops and sound libraries,” said Loop Loft Founder and CEO, Ryan Gruss. “It bridges the gap between “traditional” mutlitrack sessions and the nonlinear flexibility and power provided by Ableton Live.”
“It gives producers and songwriters instant access to studio-quality multitracks from one of the greatest drummers of our time, directly inside Ableton. In just a matter of seconds, users can arrange custom drum tracks and mixes featuring Omar’s playing, and physically interact with those grooves and sounds in real-time using Ableton’s Push hardware controller”.
Omar Hakim Drums features 570 Live Clips with loops, fills, and breakdowns in a variety of styles including funk, hip hop, fusion, rock, cinematic, and pop. In addition, the multitrack drum sessions give you access to 15 channels of separate audio tracks, allowing you to mix every element of Omar's drum kit, including kick, snare, toms, overheads, and room mics.
The Omar Hakim Drums collection lists for $79 USD and is available for download at ableton.com.
The Loop Loft will be demoing Omar Hakim Drums at the 2014 NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA January 23-26th. Contact Ryan Gruss at [email protected] to schedule a live demonstration.
Watch Omar Hakim perform live at the 2014 Grammys on January 26th as he takes the stage with Daft Punk, Stevie Wonder and Pharrell. This highly anticipated performance marks Daft Punk’s first TV appearance in 5 years. The show will be broadcast at 8pm ET on CBS.
Ableton is a trademark of Ableton AG
The Loop Loft Announces Acquisition of SessionLoops, Developer of DVF1 Simon Phillips Drum Loop Library
Rapidly growing music content developer adds the masterful rock drumming of Simon Philips to its range
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. (February 26, 2013) – The Loop Loft, developer of the world’s most musical loop collections, announces that it has completed acquisition of premium drum loop developer, SessionLoops. The addition of SessionLoops to The Loop Loft’s array of song-building content recorded by A-list musicians brings the innovative, aggressive playing of drummer Simon Phillips into the fold.
SessionLoops is best known as the developer of DVF1, a broad-ranging collection of rock drum loops recorded by master drummer Simon Phillips that enable anyone to build rock songs. Producers can employ Phillips’s grooves, which include parts inspired by some of rock’s greatest moments, from AC/DC to Led Zeppelin to ZZ Top –– all recorded live at Woodcliff Studios in Los Angeles. Simon Philips, whose drumming career highlights include stints with Jeff Beck, Pete Townshend, Gil Evans, Stanley Clark, Frank Zappa, Peter Gabriel, Joe Satriani, Mick Jagger, Toto and The Who, is also an accomplished recording engineer and producer.
“We are thrilled to bring SessionLoops and Simon Phillips’ one-of-a-kind playing into The Loop Loft,” said Ryan Gruss, Founder and CEO, The Loop Loft. “There is no substitute for a great drummer, and there are few greater than Simon Phillips. People are going to love these grooves.”
Music producers can build their songs with SessionLoops DVF1 as stereo tracks in ACID® WAV, Apple® Loops and REX2 formats. For more control, and to create custom drum mixes, producers can also purchase DVF1 in multi-track format, enabling them to add effects and EQ to the individual drum tracks. Like all of The Loop Loft’s content, DVF1 can be used in virtually any DAW, recording or performance software, including Pro Tools®, Ableton™ Live, Reason™ and GarageBand®. For more information on The Loop Loft, please visit www.thelooploft.com.
Led Zeppelin is a trademark of John Baldwin. ZZ Top is a trademark of Billy 'F' Gibbons, Joe Michael Hill and Frank Lee Beard. ACID is a registered trademark of Sony Creative Software. Pro Tools is a registered trademark of Avid Technology Inc. Ableton is a trademark of Ableton AG. Apple and GarageBand are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Reason, ReFill and REX2 are trademarks of Propellerhead Software AB. Stylus RMX is a trademark of Spectrasonics.
We're happy to announce that The Loop Loft is now a "Live Ready" partner with Ableton! What does this mean for you, the Live user? It means that our Ableton Live Packs will automatically install into your Live library and work seamlessly with your system. Check out the video of our first Live Ready release, Hip Hop Drums Vol 1 below.... and stay tuned for more Ableton Live Packs in the near future!